1. I apply to become a member of The Right Union Incorporated (“the Union”).
2. I agree to abide by the rules of the Union.
3. [For Employment and Full membership only] I authorize the Union to represent and promote my collective employment interests.
4. [For Employment and Full membership only] I authorize the Union and its officials, and any person or organization to which the Union may at its absolute discretion delegate this authority, to represent and act for me in any negotiations or proceedings and to take any lawful action on my behalf pursuant to the Employment Relations Act 2000 and otherwise in relation to my employment or future employment.
Without limiting the scope of this authority, I specifically authorize the Union to represent me in accordance with sections 18 and 236 of the Employment Relations Act 2000, including:
a) to represent me in bargaining concerning collective and/or individual employment agreements;
b) to represent and assist me in relation to employment relationship problems;
c) to receive from my employer personal information (including time and wage records) about me held by the employer and to which I have lawful right of access by virtue of the Privacy Act or otherwise.
5. [For Employment and Full membership only] I agree to fallow the rules of the Union in relation to the ratification of collective agreements.
6. I agree to pay to the Union the appropriate subscription fee set from time to time by the Union according to its rules.
7. [For Employment and Full membership only] The authority set out in paragraph 4 above shall continue in force until it is expressly revoked by me in writing or until I terminate my membership of the Union in writing as may be applicable.
8. I agree that if I wish to terminate my membership of the Union I will give the Union not less than 14 days notice in writing of the termination and will pay all subscriptions owing to the expiry of the notice.